A Way to Bounce Back!
Written By NaviPay Blog Contributor:
Coastal Business Evolution, LLC
Even if a business isn’t booming YET you can still feel a bounce when you work out using a Bosu Ball! The Bosu Ball looks like a half exercise ball mounted on a plastic base. Bosu stands for Both Sides Up or Both Sides Utilized since you can use it with the rigid plastic side down or the squishy rubber dome side down. Which side you use depends upon what you want to accomplish with the work you are doing, but either side creates an unstable surface which helps to improve balance. But great balance isn’t the only benefit of working out on the Bosu. Other benefits include:
- Improved Flexibility
- Greater Workout Intensity
- Exercise Variety with a space-saving piece of equipment
- Improved Core
- Cardio and Increased Endurance
- Improved Proprioception (awareness of the neighboring parts of your body and positioning)
In addition to balance training the Bosu can be used for:
- Cardio (step-ups, lunges, jogging)
- Strength training (push-up, planks, squats with an overhead press)
- Core Exercises (crunches, side planks, regular plank)
- Stretching and Flexibility (Laying face down or up on the dome side to relax and stretch)
We found some great Beginner Bosu Exercises from Very Well Fit as well as some Advanced Bosu Moves with Adam Kemp Fitness which lists specific exercises and video demos.
Regardless of your fitness level, the Bosu puts a little bounce into your routine!