With the holidays, it is always hard to feel like you are eating well, and if you are like me, it can get hard to find the time to cook. One of my favorite desserts is a simple peanut butter protein ball that doesn’t take long, or require much skill. It’s sure to appeal to almost everyone, and you don’t have to scroll through a whole life story to get this yummy recipe!
- 1 ½ cups no stir creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ⅓ cups old fashioned oats (rolled oats)
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and use a rubber spatula to mix until the batter is combined
- Use a mini cookie scoop or a spoon to drop energy balls with a spoon onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet. They should be around 1 inch in size.
- Roll the energy balls with your hands to form the shape
- Place cookie sheet with the energy bites on it in the fridge for 1 hour, or until the balls are hardened
- Transfer energy balls to a Ziploc bag and store in the freezer
TOTAL FAT: 9g